Moving Out?

At Co-operative Energy, we want your house move to be as easy and stress-free as possible. This is why, at any stage of your journey, you will find information here on how to organise your energy bills and what to do when moving house.

Step-by-Step procedure – Moving out of a property supplied by The Co-operative Energy

  1. Contact us on the last day of your liability for the property with the final meter readings. There is no need to contact us in advance of this date. We can be contacted on 0800 781 1605 or alternatively, you can complete the online form by clicking here.
  2. Provide us with your forwarding address so that we can send you a final bill.
  3. Provide us with details of who will be responsible for the property after you have vacated. This will be either the new owner or tenant or landlord/letting agency.
  4. You will receive your final bill within 14 days.
  5. If you are a direct debit customer, please do not cancel the instruction with your bank. If your final bill shows a credit we will refund this amount directly back into your account. Alternatively, if there is a balance due to The Co-operative Energy we will be able to collect this after we have informed you.
  6. At your new property you will be supplied by the energy company which is already registered to supply that address. This is so that there is no interruption in supply for you. We can, however, switch your energy supply back to The Co-operative Energy. Call our Sales Team on 0800 093 7511 who will be happy to quote you for the most competitive tariff and take care of the switchover process for you.