The sun’s shining bright, the temperature has gone up and we’re promised an early heatwave this spring. Here are our top 5 fresh energy saving tips to help you take advantage of nature and cut your bills this spring.
- Turn it down. As you turn back the clocks, don’t forget to turn back your thermostat. Turning your thermostat down by one degree could save you between £85 and £90 a year on your annual energy bill.
- Turn it off! When you’re out having fun in the sun, remember to turn off your appliances. Typically a household could save between £45 and £80 a year just by remembering to turn off appliances left on standby or not in use.
- Hang your washing out to dry. Drying clothes on a radiator can mean more work for your boiler and can also make your room feel humid. Dry your clothes outside for cost free drying power!
- Invite the sunshine in. Don’t forget to open you curtains and let the sun into your home. This will help to warm up your rooms. But don’t forget to close your windows, doors and curtains at sunset to stop any draft getting in.
- Let there be light. With the nights staying lighter for longer, break winter habits and be aware of unnecessary lights left on. Lighting rooms with no-one in them can push up your energy bills.
These simple to do, free to put in place energy saving tips could help you save a small fortune on your energy bills this spring!