It has been a difficult few months for us at Co-operative Energy, since we took on the challenge of migrating to a new customer service and billing system. We decided to change the system because we wanted to give you a faster, more open and more honest energy service – and we are still confident that will be the end result.
Unfortunately, there have been a number of problems which have resulted in poor experiences for some of our customers. This is not acceptable to us. That’s why our teams are focused on fixing all the issues as quickly as possible, so that we can return to our previous high levels of customer service. We still have a way to go before all our system issues have been fixed, but we will update you on our progress on a regular basis.
As a co-operative, the best interests of our customer will always be at the centre of everything we do. The last four years have been exciting and challenging for us, as we strive to create a real alternative in the energy industry. Today, our goal of creating an energy supplier that is owned by its customers and responsive to their needs remains as strong as it did at our beginning.
Here’s what we’ve done so far
While we work through our system fixes, we have made a number of changes to our service operation. This means there are now more ways to contact us, faster response times, reduced waiting times for you, and better interaction with your energy account.
More customer service advisers
- Increased our call centre team size by 40%
- Approximately 1,000 more calls can be handled every day
- 80% of all calls answered within 60 seconds
New phone system
- In-depth queries can be routed to specially trained teams
- So you won’t be passed around or have to explain your issue to multiple advisers
New email specialist teams
- New ways to get in touch so your questions can be answered faster
- Online queries will go directly to the right team, first time
- Online forms ask for all the information our advisers will need
- Which means no more email tennis, just quick resolutions to your issues
- Click here to get in touch
Online account fixes
We’ve been listening to your comments since launching our new online service in March and have made a series of improvements behind the scenes based on your suggestions.
Through your energy online account, you can:
- Check your account balance
- See summaries and download full PDF copies of your current and past bills
- Submit your meter readings
You can now also make payments through your online account. Simply follow the link to ‘Make a payment’ on your online account homepage.
Auto online registration
You told us that you didn’t like the registration process for your new online account, and many of you encountered problems when trying to set up your new account. That’s why we now take care of the whole process for you:
- Automatic enrolment to online accounts
- Emails with new usernames and passwords automatically sent to you
To help you find an answer faster, we’ve launched a new-look Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) section.
- Even more of your questions answered
- Loads of useful information to help you manage your account
- Details on where to go next if you need extra help
New switch tool for existing customers
- Compare your current tariff with our latest prices
- If there are savings to be made, you can change your tariff online
- Get all the help you need with switching
- Complete the whole process in minutes
- Click here to see if you could switch and save
New customer panel
Our new Members Advisory Panel is responsible for representing the views of our customers and ensuring that these are reflected in our service.
Click here to see what came up at the first meeting, and how we responded.