Warm Home Discount Scheme
The Warm Home Discount scheme is a Government initiative that encourages domestic energy suppliers to provide direct and indirect support for customers that need it the most.
There are two elements to this scheme: the Broader Group and the Core Group. They are all designed to help our most vulnerable customers stay warm this winter.
For Broader Group support, you will need to meet certain criteria to be eligible, and then you will need to apply.
For Core Group support, you do not need to apply; we will identify you and automatically credit your account.
Our eligibility criteria are as follows:
You (or your partner) need to be in receipt of one or more of the qualifying criteria in Section A below:
Section A Qualifying Criteria:
- In receipt of the Savings Element of Pension Credit only
- In receipt of Council Tax Reduction (excludes 25% single person’s discount)
- In receipt of Income Support
- In receipt of Income-based or Contribution-based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- In receipt of Income-related or Contribution-based Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- In receipt of Working Tax Credit
- In receipt of Housing Benefit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
- In receipt of Child Tax Credit where the award statement shows a total annual household income of £16,190 or less
- In receipt of Universal Credit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
- A total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
And you (or your partner)need to be in receipt of one or more of the qualifying components in Section B below:
Section B Qualifying Components:
- In receipt of Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- In receipt of any Income-related benefit which includes:
- a Carer’s Premium and Carer’s Allowance (for someone within the applicant’s household)
- OR Attendance Allowance (for the applicant or their partner)
- Hold a Maternity Exemption Certificate (MATEX)
- Hold a Medical Exemption Certificate (MEDEX)
- Hold a valid war pension NHS exemption certificate and the prescription is for your disability
- Are aged 62 and over
- Are disabled or someone else within the household has a disability
- Have a dependent child under 5 (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant)
- Have a dependent child aged 6 – 16 (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant), or under 20 if in full time education (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant)
- In receipt of the limited capability for work element of Universal Credit
If you meet our eligibility criteria then you can apply online today.
The application process and next steps
- Complete the online form in full declaring your eligibility
- We will review your application and if successful we will write to you to inform you that a rebate of £140* will be applied to your account. Please note that rebates are issued on a first come first served basis to successful applicants.
- If your application is unsuccessful we will contact you.
If you have any questions about the application process, please call us on Freephone 0800 954 0693 to speak to one of our Warm Home Discount advisers.
*Comprised of £133.33 plus £6.67 VAT