Our eligibility criteria are as follows:
You (or your partner) need to be in receipt of one or more of the qualifying criteria in Section A below:
Section A Qualifying Criteria:
- A total annual household income of £16,190 or less;
- In receipt of the savings element only of Pension Credit;
- In receipt of Council Tax Reduction (excluding single person discount).
- In receipt of Income Support or Income Based, Contribution Based Job Seeker's Allowance, Income Related or Contribution Based Employment & Support Allowance;
- In receipt of Working Tax Credit
- In receipt of housing benefit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less.
- In receipt of Universal Credit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less and either:
- not in work,
- in work,
- self employed, or
- in receipt of child tax credit where the award statement shows a total annual household income of £16,190 or less.
And you (or your partner)need to be in receipt of one or more of the qualifying components in Section B below:
Section B Qualifying Components:
- Spending 10% or more of your total annual household income on fuel for adequate heating (usually 21 degrees for the main living area, and 18 degrees for other occupied rooms)
- In receipt of Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- In receipt of any income related benefit which includes a Carer's Premium
- Hold a Maternity Exemption Certificate (MATEX)
- Hold a Medical Exemption Certificate (MEDEX)
- Are exempt from Prescription Charges (only for customers in England)
- Aged 62 and over
- Are disabled or someone else within the household has a disability
- Have a child under 16 or under 20 if in full time education (dependant child who normally resides with the applicant)
- In receipt of the limited capability for work element of Universal Credit
If you meet our eligibility criteria then you can apply online today.
The application process and next steps
- Complete the online form in full declaring your eligibility
- We will review your application and if successful we will write to you to inform you that a rebate of £140* will be applied to your account. Please note that this scheme is limited to the first 5,432 successful applicants.
- If your application is unsuccessful we will contact you.
If you have any questions about the application process, please call us on Freephone 0800 954 0693 to speak to one of our Warm Home Discount advisers.
*Comprised of £133.33 plus £6.67 VAT