The Co-operative Energy Fuel Assistance
This scheme has now closed with effect from 12th January 2015.
All pending applications will still be considered.
You may have received an invitation to apply for Co-operative Energy Fuel Assistance. To be eligible you must be:
- A person who is in debt with us. ‘Debt’ meaning that you have an overdue payment of more than 30 days
- A person who is of low income (household annual gross income less than £16,010)
This scheme is open only to the first 1,284 eligible customers and is offered on a first come, first served basis
*Household income includes War Disablement Pension, Disablement Pension Allowance and Working Tax Credit. Household income excludes Council Tax Benefits, Housing Benefits, Attendance Allowance, Disability Living Allowance and Child Tax Credit.
If you have been invited to apply and you meet our eligibility criteria, please see the application process below. Please note, to apply, you must agree to provide further information to StepChange Debt Charity.
The application process and the next steps
- Complete the online form in full.
- We will assess your information and if you are successful, we will write to you explaining how to contact StepChange Debt Charity. The charity will help you to complete an Income and Expenditure Assessment in support of your application. If your application is unsuccessful, then we will write to you informing you of why.
- If you are successful, StepChange Debt Charity will discuss your income and expenditure with you and provide you with debt advice. They will help you to set up a payment plan at a rate you can afford, helping you to budget for your future energy use.
- If you are considered to be in, or at risk of, fuel poverty and can make payments towards your energy consumption at a rate you can afford, you will receive a £100 debt reduction after three months of consecutive payments.
- We will provide you with Energy Efficiency Advice which aims to reduce your energy consumption, helping to lower your bills.
If you have any questions about the application process, please call us on 0800 954 0693 and speak with one of our Warm Home Discount advisers.
Applications for this scheme are now closed.