Warm Home Discount
The Warm Home Discount scheme is a Government initiative that encourages domestic energy suppliers to provide direct and indirect support for customers that need it the most.
If you were receiving the guarantee element of a pension credit on 8 July 2018, you are part of the core group and do not need to apply to us. If you are a Core Group customer, you will receive a letter from DWP advising what you need to do next. If you have not received your letter by mid-December 2018 and believe that you are in the core group, please call 0800 7310214 to check.
All other customers (including those who receive the Savings element of Pension Credit) fall under the Broader Group and they will need to meet certain criteria to be eligible. Broader Group customers need to make an application every year.
Our eligibility criteria are as follows:
You (or your partner) need to satisfy at least two criteria; at least one from Section A and at least one from Section B.
Section A Qualifying Criteria:
- In receipt of the Savings Element of Pension Credit only
- In receipt of Council Tax Reduction (excludes 25% single person’s discount)
- In receipt of Income Support
- In receipt of Income-based or Contribution-based Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- In receipt of Income-related or Contribution-based Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- In receipt of Working Tax Credit
- In receipt of Housing Benefit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
- In receipt of Child Tax Credit where the award statement shows a total annual household income of £16,190 or less before tax and National Insurance
- In receipt of Universal Credit with less than £1,349 monthly net earnings, within any one of the last 12 months
- A total annual household income of £16,190 or less (before tax and National Insurance)
And you (or your partner) need to be in receipt of one or more of the qualifying components in Section B below:
Section B Qualifying Components:
- In receipt of Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- In receipt of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- In receipt of any Income-related benefit which includes:
- a Carer’s Premium and Carer’s Allowance (for someone within the applicant’s household)
- OR Attendance Allowance (for the applicant or their partner)
- Hold a Maternity Exemption Certificate (MATEX)
- Hold a Medical Exemption Certificate (MEDEX)
- Hold a valid war pension NHS exemption certificate and the prescription is for your disability
- Are aged 62 and over
- Are disabled or someone else within the household has a disability
- Have a dependent child under 5 (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant)
- Have a dependent child aged 5 – 16 (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant), or under 20 if in full time education (dependent child who normally resides with the applicant)
- In receipt of the limited capability for work element of Universal Credit
If you meet our eligibility criteria then you can apply online today.
The Broader Group application process and next steps
- Complete the online form in full declaring your eligibility.
- We will review your application and if you are successful we will credit your energy account with a rebate of £140*. Please note that rebates are issued on a first come first served basis to successful applicants.
- If you have only your gas account with the Cooperative, you need to apply for Warm Home Discount with your electricity provider.
If you have any questions about the application process, please call us on Freephone 0800 954 0693 and ask to speak to one of our Warm Home Discount advisers.
*Comprised of £133.33 plus £6.67 VAT