The Warm Home Discount scheme is a Government initiative that encourages domestic energy suppliers to provide direct and indirect support for customers that need it the most.
There are 2 elements to this scheme: the Broader Group and the Core Group. They are all designed to help our most vulnerable customers stay warm this winter.
For Broader Group support, you will need to meet certain criteria to be eligible, and then you will need to apply.
For Core Group support, you do not need to apply; we will identify you and automatically credit your account.
Broader group - open to new applicants until 31st March 2016
Please note that Broader Group rebates are awarded on a first come, first served basis. The scheme may close earlier if we meet our quota.
The Broader Group scheme uses a set of criteria to help energy providers identify and give needed assistance to customers most at risk of fuel poverty.
To be eligible, one of the following (plus additional qualifying statements) need to be applicable to you:
- A total annual household income of £16,190 or less;
- In receipt of the savings element only of Pension Credit;
- In receipt of Council Tax Reduction (excluding single person discount).
- In receipt of Income Support or Income Based, Contribution Based Job Seeker's Allowance, Income Related or Contribution Based Employment & Support Allowance;
- In receipt of Working Tax Credit;
- In receipt of housing benefit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less.
- In receipt of Universal Credit with a total annual household income of £16,190 or less and either:
- not in work,
- in work,
- self employed, or
- in receipt of child tax credit where the award statement shows a total annual household income of £16,190 or less.
You can find out more about our eligibility criteria on our Broader Group page and apply online by clicking the link below. If you would like to request a paper application form, you can do so by emailing the Warm Home Discount Team at email@example.com or by calling our Warm Home Discount Team on freephone 0800 954 0693.
Core group - this scheme is open until 31st March 2016
There is no need to apply for your Core Group rebate. Eligible customers will automatically receive their discount to their account.
Our eligible Core Group customers should receive the discount on their energy account without having to take any action. If you were a Co-operative Energy customer on 12 July 2015 and identified as being eligible for this initiative, you will automatically receive an electricity bill rebate of £140* from us.
To be eligible, you must be claiming Pension Credit and be in receipt of one of the following elements:
- Guarantee credit and savings credit, or
- Guarantee credit only
*Comprised of £133.33 plus £6.67 VAT
You do not need to apply for this rebate. We work with the Department for Work and Pensions to identify if you are eligible. The rebate will be shown on the next bill after your rebate has been applied to your energy account.
Free and impartial energy saving advice you can trust
Energy Saving Trust (EST) helps people to save energy and reduce their usage every day.
Through impartial advice, commitment to undertaking research and work with businesses and governments, EST are influential in driving behaviour change and inspiring new energy efficiency programmes and policies.