You may be aware that GB Energy Supply ceased trading this weekend after facing difficulties relating to rising wholesale energy costs.
I am pleased to be able to inform you that Co-operative Energy has reached an agreement with GB Energy and Ofgem to take over responsibility for your account, with effect from 30 November and can reassure you that you will have continuity of service.
I can assure you that there really is no need to worry as your supply will not be interrupted during this process and for the future.
What happens next?
- We will honour your current contract and price until it is due to expire. This means you do not need to do anything and, rest assured, we will contact you again before your current contract ends with all the information you need and what to do next.
- What happens to my Direct Debit? We are planning to arrange a transfer of your existing direct debit mandate over to Co-operative Energy in the next few weeks. There will be further communication on this in due course. Again, you do not need to do anything and please do not cancel your direct debit.
- We will continue to run the business using the existing GB Energy systems supported by enhanced technology as well as experienced, former GB Energy employees and service providers to minimise the disruption to you and to our Co-operative Energy customers. We will also increase the number of customer service advisers to ensure we deliver the service you would expect.
- Customer service enquiries will continue to be provided by the GB Energy team. As you can imagine we are experiencing a high level of enquiries and we will increase the number of customer service advisors to deliver the service you would expect.
- Whilst inevitably there will be some upheaval during the initial transition period, please be patient with us and rest assured that your future supplies and any credit balances you have with GB Energy Supply are secure. Hopefully that's one less thing for you to worry about at this busy time.
You may have already visited the Ofgem website to understand what happens next. We have produced a list of FAQs on the GB Energy website to provide further details and reassurance.
We are developing more detailed plans, working closely with Ofgem and we will contact you again before 15th December 2016 with an update on our progress.
In the meantime, please be reassured that it is business as usual.
Thank you in advance for your patience and we look forward to being your energy provider.