"Powering Together" Saturday 24th June 2017
We are pleased to announce the Community Energy Conference 2017 - the fifth year anniversary of the event. This year’s is titled ‘Powering Together - taking control of the energy revolution' and will once again be jointly hosted with Community Energy England.
As in previous years, the Conference will be the marque launch event for Community Energy Fortnight 2017, which is also sponsored by Co-operative Energy.
The Conference 'Powering Together - taking back control of the energy revolution' will explore not only successful current projects, but also precipitate an exploration of new business models and technologies. It will also ask what role can local government play? How are planning obstacles overcome? How will the crowd-sourcing of finance change? Do demand management and storage provide radical new options? Do we need to accept that we will soon live in post-subsidy world?
These and other questions will be explored at what has become the UK’s largest and most exciting annual gathering of community energy practitioners. The event will ensure that as many communities as possible can enjoy access to an unparalleled range of speakers and interactive sessions.
This year we will introduce a small charge to better ensure that bookings are used. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
Book your place now at what will again be a truly fantastic and inspirational event.
The agenda has just been released:
10:10 Welcome, Chair
10:15 "Co-op Energy's pioneering Community Energy Strategy": David Bird, CEO, Co-op Energy
10:30 “The State of Community Energy”: Emma Bridge, Chief Executive, Community Energy England
10.45 "The changing energy landscape": Dr Nina Skorupska, Chief Executive, Renewable Energy Association
11.00 ”Greater Manchester: from community energy laggard to leader": Jonathan Atkinson, Co-founder, Carbon Coop
- Retrofitting and energy efficiency: Kayla Ente, BHESCo and Chris Jardine, JoJu Solar
- The Smart Energy opportunity: Mary Gillie, Energy Local and Gordan Cowtan, Fintry Development Trust
- Network innovation for communities: Jodie Giles, Regen and TBC
- Securing a supportive policy environment: Paul Monaghan, Co-op Energy & Chair of CEE Policy Sub-Grp and Robin Clegg, representing The Climate Coalition
13:00 Networking lunch
14:00 “The future of community energy and other social enterprises beyond 2017 “: Peter Holbrook, Chief Executive, Social Enterprise UK.
- What does a good Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) look like: Joshua Brown, Co-op Energy
- Collaborations and shared ownership: John Malone, Energy4All and Martin Hunt, Forum for the Future
- Developing an effective financial roadmap for community energy schemes in a post subsidies enviornment: Josh Brewer, Ethex and Jonathan Hick, Social and Sustainable Capital and Louisa Cilenti, Lux Nova Partners
- The storage opportunity: Dudley-Moor Radford, Moixa and tbc, Energise Barnsley
16:00 Beacons of hope, followed by "Question Time"-style panel:
- Alistair Macpherson, Plymouth Energy Community
- Taryn Lane, Hepburn Wind, Australia
- Will Cottrell, Brighton Energy Cooperative and Big Lemon Bus
- Jon Halle, Sharenergy
Click here to book your place now!
If you missed the 2016 conference, don't worry as you can now view the presentations, report and gallery of the day below: